St Gregory’s RC Primary School, a voluntary academy exists for the education of Catholic children. However, it belongs not only in the Parish Communities of St Gregory’s, St John Fisher’s and Our Lady of Lourdes but also in the wider community.
Our Mission Statement
St Gregory’s is a sanctuary of love and hope where greatness grows.
An outstanding community, living the way Jesus taught us.
Within a Catholic setting St Gregory’s aims:-
- to develop pupils’ qualities of spirit, feeling and imagination;
- to help pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills;
- to help pupils to acquire understanding, knowledge and skills relevant to their development as caring member of society;
- to help pupils develop personal moral values, respect for religious values, tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life;
- to help pupils to understand the world in which they live, and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations;
- to help pupils to appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
Love, Joy, Trust, Hope, Courage
always show love to one another.
be joyful in all our achievements and those of others
trust that God has a plan for each and every one of us
be hopeful of all the future holds for us in our time at St Gregory’s and our future lives
be able to show courage when things get tough, and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us.